We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. She was remarkable, passionate, and her historic reign will forever be remembered. On behalf of everyone at BC Training, we express our deepest condolences to the Royal Family.
Here are some amazing things the Queen did throughout her lifetime:
- Enlisted in the army during WW2 and was the only female leader to do so.
- Paid for her wedding dress using ration coupons as the economy was still recovering from WW2.
- In 1981, the Queen was shot at 6 times during the Trooping of Colour ceremony. She managed to get her startled horse under control and continued her route as though nothing had happened.
- When Michael Fagan broke into the Queen’s bedroom in 1982, she was able to keep him calm and chatted for 10 minutes before security arrived.
- She modernised the monarchy. For example, televising her coronation in 1953.
- Queen Elizabeth’s reign of 70 years and seven months is the longest of any British monarch.
- Queen Elizabeth II holds the record for the most countries visited by an individual monarch. She visited more than 120 countries on six continents. Canada is the country she travelled to more than any other country outside the United Kingdom.
- In 1976, Queen Elizabeth II became the first monarch to send an email, which was sent during a network technology demonstration at the Royal Signals and Radar Establishment.
- Over the years, the Queen was served by 15 British Prime Ministers, the first being Winston Churchill. The most recent, Liz Truss, who was appointed by the Queen days before Her Majesty’s passing.
- Queen Elizabeth II gave her first public speech when she was 14 years old, addressing the children of the Commonwealth on Oct. 13, 1940 amid World War II.