Details & Programme
This course provides the business continuity and resilience professional with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of this key skill area.
The course is broken down into modules, exploring the concept of Business Impact Analysis as well as the practical application using a number of different case studies. Delegates have the option of using their own organisation as a case study.
This course is based on the BCI Good Practice Guidelines 2018 and reflects the current global thinking from ISO 22301, ISO 22313 and ISO/TS 22317.
|0930||1100||Module 1 - Concepts of BIA||Analysis Phase
Pre-requisites of a BIA
Purpose of a BIA
Business Impacts on services
Obligations and Expectations
Introduction to HomeHousing Case Study
|1115||1200||Module 2 - Products and Services (Strategic) BIA||Strategic (Product & Services) BIA|
Developing a workshop
|1200||1300||Module 3 - The Process (Tactical) BIA||Tactical BIA|
Different types of process
Introduction of Case Study examples
|1400||1500||Module 4 - The Activity (Operational) BIA||Operational BIA|
Priority of activities
|1515||1645||Module 5 - The Initial BIA||The Initial BIA|
|1645||1700||Review of Day 1|
|0900||0915||Review of Day 1|
|0930||1100||Module 6 - BIA
Data collection methods
|1115||1230||Module 7 - Risk
Assessment||Where does a risk assessment fit in?|
|1330||1445||Module 8 - Design||Moving to the Design Phase|
|1500||1600||Discussion||When should we redo a BIA?|
Lots of things about to change- no point in doing a BIA?
Can we ‘Fast-Track’ (by-pass) the BIA?
Completing this course will enable you to:
- Understand the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) process
- Understand how to structure the BIA process
- Apply the methods available to conduct a BIA
- Utilise the information from the BIA to design the most appropriate continuity recovery strategies.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Continuity and resilience practitioners who require an in-depth knowledge and an understanding of how to carry out a BIA at all levels of an organisation.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience of working in a continuity
and resilience related role.
Please contact the BC Training team on 01253 667570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, should you wish to discuss options for delivering this course in-house at your organisation.