Details & Programme
Validation is a key part of the BCM Lifecycle. The process of validation provides assurance that your plans and capabilities remain current and fit for purpose and identifies any areas for improvement.
This course will explore how to develop a comprehensive exercise programme to ensure that all elements of the BCM Lifecycle are validated.
The course, as well as instruction will be practical and ‘hands on’ allowing students to practice the skills and techniques taught.
This course is based on the BCI Good Practice Guidelines 2018 and reflects the current global thinking from ISO 22301 and ISO 22398.
|0930||1100||Module 1 - Introduction to Validation||Standards and Guidelines|
|1115||1230||Module 2 - Validation within the Business Continuity Lifecycle ||BCM Programme inputs |
Policy and Programme Management
|1330||1415||Module 3 - Developing an exercise programme||Exercise planning|
Types of exercise
|1415||1530||Module 4 – Maintenance and Review||Maintenance|
|1545||1645||Module 5 – Conducting an Assessment||Conducting an assessment |
What are you going to assess?
Scope of assessment
What should you assess against?
Developing the assessment
Preparing for an assessment
- Explain the elements which make up validation activities
- Describe how validation can be carried out on each element of the BCM Lifecycle
- Demonstrate an understanding of continuous improvement and be able to evaluate its implementation
- Plan an exercise programme
- Design, prepare and conduct an evaluation of a BCM programme
Completing this course will contribute 8 hours towards your Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Who Should Attend?
- Business continuity and resilience professionals who are responsible for validating BCM programmes.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience working in a continuity and resilience related role.
DMS, MBA, FBCI, FCMI
Please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, should you wish to discuss options for delivering this course in-house at your organisation.