Details & Programme
The session is broken down into a number of topics and actions which should be considered by business continuity professionals to prepare themselves and their organisation for the new landscape beyond COVID-19, and the possible changes with their organisation's operating environment.
As business continuity professionals, we often find ourselves and our organisations’ reacting to events as and when they happen. By scenario planning, we will be ready to take advantage of the opportunities that arise as a result of the new normal.
The session will be presented by Charlie Maclean-Bristol FBCI, who has over 23 years of experience in the business continuity industry. Charlie is a former BCI board member and was awarded Industry Personality of the Year 2018 at the BCI European Awards.
- Learning from the response to date and updating existing plans
- How to avoid 'fighting the last war'
- Debriefing methodologies
- Developing lessons identified
- Forming a ‘plan-ahead team’
- Developing scenarios for multiple versions of your future
- Developing scenario time frames
- Identifying decision and trigger points
- How the changes in the landscape may affect future risks and incidents
- How the BC professional job role may change and how to prepare for possible changes
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Choose appropriate debriefing methodologies for capturing the lessons learned from COVID-19
- Interpret the relevant lessons learned by your organisation from the pandemic and how this could affect business continuity planning in the future
- Design a team who will consider the new normal for your organisation after COVID-19
- Understand some of the potential future issues associated with the role of the business continuity professional
Who Should Attend?
This session is aimed at those involved with their organisation's response to COVID-19 and looking to ‘get ahead of the incident’, by anticipating future issues and opportunities.
If you would like this training delivered for your organisation only, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email email@example.com.