Details & Programme
This BCI Business Impact Analysis course comes complete with course slides and workbook that contains exercises to be completed throughout the course. The course is based on the Good Practice Guidelines 2018 and reflects current International Standards in business continuity.
- Module 1 - Concepts of BIA
- Module 2 - The Four Types of BIA
- Module 3 - BIA methods
- Module 4 - How the BIA information is used in the Design phase of the BCM Lifecycle
|0945||1100||Module 1 - Concepts of BIA||- The analysis phase (PP3)
- Prerequisites of a BIA
- Purpose of a BIA
- Business impacts
- Obligations and expectations
- Measuring impacts MTPD & RTO
|1115||1230||Module 2 - The Four Types of BIA||- The initial BIA
- The ongoing BIA process - 3 levels
* The Product & Services BIA
* The Process BIA
* The Activity BIA
|1330||1500||Module 3 - BIA methods||- Participants
- Data collection and recording
- Threat assessment
- Your BIA issues
|1530||1615||Module 4 - How the BIA information is used in the Design phase of the BCM Lifecycle|
Please note, timings are indicative and exact timings may vary due to delegate experience and their interest in certain topics. The course may finish earlier if all topics have been covered.
By the end of the BCI Business Impact Analysis course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand and apply the different methods available to conduct a BIA
- Extract all the information you need from an organisation to enable you to design the most appropriate business continuity solutions
Delegates will receive 8 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points from the BCI on successful completion of the course. Further information can be found on the BCI's website here.
Who Should Attend?
- Business continuity and resilience practitioners who require an in-depth knowledge and an understanding of how to carry out a BIA.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience of working in a continuity and resilience related role.
If you would like this BCI Business Impact Analysis training course delivered privately for your organisation, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This was one of the best courses I have taken in some time. It was an excellent class that was most ably facilitated by Gillian [Logie]. She was patient, helpful and explained concepts clearly.”Andrea McQuay
The Central Bank of the Bahamas