Details & Programme
This course provides the business continuity and resilience professional with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of this key skill area.
The course is broken down into modules, exploring the concept of Business Impact Analysis as well as the practical application using a number of different case studies. Delegates have the option of using their own organisation as a case study.
This course is based on the BCI Good Practice Guidelines 2018 and reflects the current global thinking from ISO 22301, ISO 22313 and ISO/TS 22317.
- Module 1 - Concepts of BIA
- Module 2 - Products and Services (Strategic) BIA
- Module 3 - The Process (Tactical) BIA Tactical BIA
- Module 4 - The Activity (Operational) BIA Operational BIA
- Module 5 - The Initial BIA The Initial BIA
- Module 6 - BIA methods
- Module 7 - Risk (Threat) Assessment
- Module 8 - Design
Completing this course will enable you to:
- Understand the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) process
- Understand how to structure the BIA process
- Apply the methods available to conduct a BIA
- Utilise the information from the BIA to design the most appropriate continuity recovery strategies.
Completing this course will contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Further information can be found on the BCI's website here.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Continuity and resilience practitioners who require an in-depth knowledge and an understanding of how to carry out a BIA at all levels of an organisation.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience of working in a continuity and resilience related role.
If you would like this training delivered for your organisation only, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email email@example.com.
“This was one of the best courses I have taken in some time. It was an excellent class that was most ably facilitated by Gillian [Logie]. She was patient, helpful and explained concepts clearly.”Andrea McQuay
The Central Bank of the Bahamas