Details & Programme
This BCI Developing & Managing the Business Continuity Plan course provides the business continuity and resilience professional with the opportunity to gain more in-depth knowledge of the implementation stage of the business continuity management lifecycle. The Implementation stage is where the business continuity plan is developed, managed and implemented as a key element of the overall business continuity management programme.
During this course students will be using a case study and taking part in group discussions and exercises.
The Good Practice Guidelines 2018 is the recommended reading for this course. The course is based on the GPG and reflects the current global thinking from ISO 22301.
- Module 1 – Developing the BCPs
- Module 2 – BCP Structure, Content and Format
- Module 3 – Invocation and Action Plans
- Module 4 – Making the BCPs Operational
|0945||1100||Module 1 – Developing the BCPs||- Developing the BCPs|
- Types of BCP
- Development Techniques
|1115||1230||Module 2 – BCP Structure, Content and Format||- BCP Structure, Content and Format
- BCP Storage Access and Availability
- Using the BCP
- Important Characteristics
|1330||1500||Module 3 – Invocation and Action Plans||- How and when to invoke
- The Cost of Invocation
- Action Plans and Checklists
|1515||1615||Module 4 – Making the BCPs Operational||- Checking the BCP
- Quality Assurance
- Fitness for Purpose
- Team Training/Exercising
Please note, timings are indicative and exact timings may vary due to delegate experience and their interest in certain topics. The course may finish earlier if all topics have been covered.
- Develop business continuity plans
- Determine how and when to invoke the plans
- Create action plans and checklists
- Manage the business continuity plans
Completing this BCI Developing & Managing the Business Continuity Plan course will contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Further information can be found on the BCI's website here.
Who Should Attend?
- Business continuity and resilience professionals who require in-depth knowledge and an understanding of how to develop, manage and implement business continuity plans appropriate for their organisation.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience working in a continuity and resilience related role.
If you would like this BCI Developing & Managing the Business Continuity Plan training course delivered privately for your organisation, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Gillian [Logie] has a fantastic manner and approach and her delivery skills are second to none, as is her knowledge. BCT have certainly cracked online training!”Louise Parker
Nuclear Decommissioning Authority