BCI Policy and Programme Management (Live Online)
- Electronic course slides
- Certificate of attendance
This one day BCI Policy and Programme Management course comes complete with course slides, workbook that contains exercises to be completed throughout the course, and other complimentary resources. The course is based on the Good Practice Guidelines 2018 and reflects current International Standards in business continuity.
This BCI training course is delivered as a one day, live online training course by an approved BCI tutor. Scheduled breaks will be provided within each session. During the course, delegates will be able to use their microphones to take part in discussions and ask the tutor any questions, there is also the option to use a webcam too. Interactivity features used during the training may include the use of breakout sessions for group work, polls and quizzes. The course is delivered via GoToTraining.
The timings for this training are 9am-4pm UK time.
The cost of this course (ex VAT) is £525.00 / €625.00 / $700.00.
What is Policy & Programme?
Creating a Successful Policy
Creating a Successful Programme
Managing Policy & Programme
09:30 - 09:45
09:45 - 11:00
Module 1 - What is Policy & Programme?- Policy Definition - Business Continuity Policy - Business Continuity Programme - Scope of Business Continuity Programme - Contents of Business Continuity Management Policy - Establishing the Business Continuity Policy - Stages in Development of the Policy - Policy Development - Outcome & Review
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:30
Module 2 - Creating a Successful Policy- Case Study - Creating a Business Continuity Policy - Business Continuity Policy Components
12:30 - 13:30
13:30 - 15:00
Module 3 - Creating a Successful Programme- Governance of the Business Continuity Programme - Assigning Roles & Responsibilities - Outcome of the Business Continuity Programme - Business Continuity Steering Group - Activities - Implementing the Business Continuity Management Programme - Project Management
15:00 - 15:15
15:15 - 16:15
Module 4 - Managing Policy & Programme- Considerations for Practical Implementation - Managing the Policy - Managing the Programme - Policy and Programme Adjustment
16:15 - 16:30
Please note, timings are indicative and exact timings may vary due to delegate experience and their interest in certain topics. The course may finish earlier if all topics have been covered.
By the end of the BCI Policy and Programme Management course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand how the business continuity policy establishes the organisation’s strategic approach and implementation of business continuity
- Define a clear purpose, context, scope and governance of the BC Programme
- Identify, develop and support the key aspects of the BC Policy Implement, deploy, govern and communicate the BC Policy
- Successfully align the BC Programme as the ongoing cycle of activities which implements the BC Policy
- Use the BCM Programme as a tool to implement, improve, correct, adjust and monitor the overall objectives of the organisation Incorporate key success criteria, governance, audit and change management processes and define how these objectives will be met
- Understand why appropriate interim response and management structures may be required
Completing this course will contribute towards your BCI Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Further information can be found on the BCI’s website here.
Who Should Attend?
- Business continuity and resilience practitioners who are responsible for business continuity policy and BCM programme management.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience of working in a continuity and resilience related role.
Sign-up to our Newsletter
"*" indicates required fields