Details & Programme
Validation is a key part of the BCM Lifecycle. The process of validation provides assurance that your plans and capabilities remain current and fit for purpose and identifies any areas for improvement.
This course will explore how to develop a comprehensive exercise programme to ensure that all elements of the BCM Lifecycle are validated.
This course is based on the BCI Good Practice Guidelines 2018 and reflects the current global thinking from ISO 22301 and ISO 22398.
Module 1 - Introduction to Validation
- Standards and Guidelines
- Continual Improvement
Module 2 - Validation within the Business Continuity Lifecycle
- BCM Programme inputs
- Annual Programme
- Policy and Programme Management
- Design Implementation
Module 3 - Developing an exercise programme
- Exercise planning
- Types of exercise
Module 4 – Maintenance and Review
- Programme Outputs
Module 5 – Conducting an Assessment
- Conducting an assessment
- What are you going to assess?
- Scope of assessment
- What should you assess against?
- Developing the assessment
- Assessment Criteria
- Preparing for an assessment
- Explain the elements which make up validation activities
- Describe how validation can be carried out on each element of the BCM Lifecycle
- Demonstrate an understanding of continuous improvement and be able to evaluate its implementation
- Plan an exercise programme
- Design, prepare and conduct an evaluation of a BCM programme
Who Should Attend?
- Business continuity and resilience professionals who are responsible for validating BCM programmes.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience working in a continuity and resilience related role.
If you would like this training delivered for your organisation only, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email email@example.com.