Details & Programme
During this training course, you will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform a BCMS audit, you can sit the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” credential.
By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organisations based on best practices.
Day 1 - Introduction to Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) and ISO 22301
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental principles of Business Continuity Management Systems
- Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS)
Day 2 - Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Evidence based audit approach
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Stage 2 audit (Part 1)
Day 3 - On-site audit activities
- Stage 2 audit (Part 2)
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and non-conformity reports
Day 4 - Closing the audit
- Documentation of the audit and the audit quality review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluating action plans by the auditor
- Benefits of the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit program
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
- Closing the training
- Duration: 3 hours
Completing this course will enable you to:
- Understand the operations of a Business Continuity Management System based on ISO 22301
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 22301 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 22301 in the context of a BCMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
Completing this course will contribute 31 hours towards your Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Who Should Attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Business Continuity Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Business Continuity Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Business Continuity Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Business Continuity Management
The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1 - Fundamental principles and concepts of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
Domain 2 - Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
Domain 3 - Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4 - Preparation of an ISO 22301 audit
Domain 5 - Conducting an ISO 22301 audit
Domain 6 - Closing an ISO 22301 audit
Domain 7 - Managing an ISO 22301 audit program
The PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor exam is available in different languages, such as English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge.
Duration: 3 hours
Please contact the BC Training team on 01253 667570 or email email@example.com, should you wish to discuss options for delivering this course in-house at your organisation.