Details & Programme
During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Business Continuity Management Systems and be able to provide a framework that allows the organisation to continue operating efficiently during disruptive events.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Business Continuity Management Systems, you can sit the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO 22301 in an organisation.
Day 1 - Introduction to ISO 22301 and initiation of a BCMS
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Fundamental concepts and principles of Business Continuity Management Systems
- Initiating the implementation of a BCMS
- Understanding the organisation
- Analysis of the existing management system
Day 2 - Plan the implementation of a BCMS
- Leadership and commitment
- BCMS policies
- Organisational structure
- Documentation management
- Competence and awareness
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Risk assessment
Day 3 - Implementation of a BCMS
- Business Continuity strategy
- Protection and mitigation measures
- Business Continuity plans and procedures
- Incident response plan
- Emergency response plan
- Crisis management plan
- IT Recovery plan
- Restoration plan
- Communication plan
Day 4 - BCMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Test and exercises
- Measurement and monitoring of the BCMS
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of non-conformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Competence and evaluation of implementers
- Closing the training
Day 5 - Certification Exam
- Duration: 3 hours
Completing this course will enable you to:
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 22301 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a BCMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 22301 requirements in the specific context of an organisation
- Learn how to support an organisation to effectively plan, implement, manage and maintain a BCMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organisation in implementing Business Continuity Management System best practices
Completing this course will contribute 31 hours towards your Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Who Should Attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Business Continuity Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with BCMS requirements
- BCMS team members
The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 - Fundamental principles and concepts of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Domain 2 - Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Domain 3 - Planning a BCMS implementation based on ISO 22301
- Domain 4 - Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 5 - Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 6 - Continual improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 7 - Preparing for a BCMS certification audit
The PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer exam is available in different languages, including English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
Duration: 3 hours
The exam contains essay type questions: This type of format was selected as a means of determining whether an examinee can clearly answer training-related questions, by assessing problem-solving techniques, and formulating arguments supported with reasoning and evidence. The exam is set to be “open book”, and does not measure the recall of data or information.
Candidates are authorised to use the following reference materials during the exam:
- A copy of the ISO 22301 standard (a training copy is provided on the course for reference)
- Course notes from the Participant Handout
- Any personal notes made by the candidate during the course session
- A hard copy dictionary
Results will be communicated by email within a period of 6 to 8 weeks from the examination date. The candidate will be provided with only two possible examination results: pass or fail, rather than an exact grade.
In case of exam failure, the results will be accompanied with the list of domains in which the candidate had a low grade. You can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge. The exam can be completed online with no additional charges - candidates will need to arrange their online exam with PECB. If you would prefer to sit the exam in person, an admin fee of £50 would apply. The classroom resit can be taken on the Friday of one of our Lead Implementer courses.
An Exam Preparation Guide is available to view here: https://pecb.com/pdf/exam-prep...
Please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, should you wish to discuss options for delivering this course in-house at your organisation.
“I would, without a doubt go to any other training courses she [Kim Maclean-Bristol] presents. She was extremely knowledgeable, obviously proficient in 22301 and most of all with a clear and practical understanding around how to implement and audit this standard. She was by far one of the best teachers I've had.”Ioana Maracineanu