Details & Programme
The aim of the training is to give Business Continuity Coordinators and other business continuity staff the skills, tools and confidence to plan, run and report their own exercises. Participants will receive a scenario list and a number of templates which they can use to run their own exercises. The training will be very interactive and those participating will have the opportunity to plan and take part in a number of exercises run by those on the course.
The syllabus will be as follows:
- Introduction to exercising, why exercise and types of exercise
- Running short exercises, Speed ExercisingTM and short exercises practical
- Planning the exercise, writing the exercise instruction, defining exercise objectives and scenario development
- Students develop their own exercise
- Briefing participants and delivering the exercises
- Student practice delivering exercise
- Debriefing, writing the post exercise report and following up after the exercise
Students will be given a number of documents which they can tailor to the needs of their organisation. These include an exercise instruction, a list of possible scenarios, a post exercise report template and a selection of feedback forms.
Course author and presenter
This training has been developed by Charlie and Kim Maclean-Bristol and will be delivered by either one of them.Back to top
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is responsible for planning and delivering a business continuity exercise.