Spanish CBCI Certification Course (Live Online)
The CBCI Certification Course offers a solid description of the methods, techniques and approaches used by business continuity (BC) professionals worldwide, to develop, implement and maintain an effective business continuity management (BCM) programme.
- Electronic course slides
- Electronic certificate of attendance
The CBCI Certification Course is based on the BCI’s Good Practice Guidelines (GPG) 2018, the independent body of knowledge for good business continuity (BC) practices.
The course is designed for those individuals seeking to complement practical experience in business continuity or a related field through some formal business continuity training based on the Good Practice Guidelines 2018.
More specifically, the CBCI Certification Course is aimed at those professionals wishing to achieve an internationally recognised qualification in business continuity through the Certificate of the BCI (CBCI) examination. This can lead to becoming a member of the BCI, which provides internationally recognised status and demonstrates both professional and technical competency in business continuity.
This BCI training course is delivered as a five day, live online training course by an approved BCI tutor. Scheduled breaks will be provided throughout the training. During the course, delegates will be able to use their microphones to take part in discussions and ask the tutor any questions, there is also the option to use a webcam too. Interactivity features used during the training may include the use of breakout sessions for group work, polls and quizzes. The course is delivered via GoToTraining.
Delegates will require a copy of the Good Practice Guidelines 2018, as it is the required reading for the CBCI course and exam. There are both hard copies and electronic copies available for purchase. Pre-reading prior to attending the course is advisable.
Next course: 17th, 18th, 19th and 24th, 25th, 26th October 2023
Timings: 9:30am-2pm CEST
The cost of this course (ex VAT) is £1,850.00 / €2,100.00 / $2,500.00. The exam is an additional cost (ex VAT) of £425.00 / €480.00 / $515.00.
Course Outcome & Modules
The CBCI Certification Course includes six course modules based on the six Professional Practices (PPs) and associated stages of the business continuity management lifecycle. These are split up into segments, management practices and technical practices.
- Module 1 – Policy and Programme Management (PP1)
- Module 2 – Embedding Business Continuity (PP2)
- Module 3 – Analysis (PP3)
- Module 4 – Design (PP4)
- Module 5 – Implementation (PP5)
- Module 6 – Validation (PP6)
At the end of Module 1, you will be able to:
- Describe the stages of the business continuity management lifecycle
- Explain how to develop a BC Policy
- Identify the requirements for determining the scope of the business continuity management programme
- Describe the approaches to defining governance of the business continuity management programme
- Summarise the process of implementing a business continuity management programme, and assigning roles and responsibilities
- Explain how project and programme management techniques can be used to implement the business continuity management programme and the importance of managing documentation
- Recognise the importance of managing outsourced activities and supply chain continuity
At the end of Module 2, you will be able to:
- Interpret organisational culture in the context of embedding business continuity
- Assess the skills and competence requirements for business continuity
- Organise a training programme and awareness campaign as part of embedding business continuity
At the end of Module 3, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and importance of the business impact analysis (BIA)
- Explain the different types of business impact analysis and the activities associated with each one
- Develop and carry out a business impact analysis
- Identify the key methods and outcomes of evaluating threats
At the end of Module 4, you will be able to:
- List the options and describe the process of selecting continuity and recovery strategies and tactics
- Define the purpose and explain the process of designing threat mitigation measures
- Define the purpose and explain the process of designing the incident response structure
At the end of Module 5, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and characteristics of the business continuity plan (BCP)
- Develop and manage a business continuity plan
- Understand the key elements of strategic plans and the importance of the communications plan
- Explain the requirements of tactical and operational plan
At the end of Module 6, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and process of developing an exercise programme
- Identify different types of exercises and differentiate between them in terms of scale and complexity
- Develop, run and evaluate an exercise
- Assess the Maintenance activities required within the business continuity management programme
- Define the purpose and describe the methods of the review of the business continuity management programme
Upcoming Live Online CBCI Courses
Uxía Fernández González
This course appears at different times, please make a note of these below.
Tuesday 17th October 2023
Wednesday 18th October 2023
Thursday 19th October 2023
Tuesday 24th October 2023
Wednesday 25th October 2023
Thursday 26th October 2023
If you are interested in arranging this course for your workplace call:
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a classroom based CBCI Certification Training course rather than online?
09:30 - 14:00
Module 1: Policy and Programme Management
09:30 - 14:00
Module 2: Embedding Business Continuity Organisational culture Skills and competence requirements
09:30 - 14:00
Module 3: Analysis
09:30 - 14:00
Module 4: Design
09:30 - 14:00
Module 5: Implementation
09:30 - 14:00
Module 6: Validation
Please note, timings are indicative and exact timings may vary due to delegate experience and their interest in certain topics. The course may finish earlier if all topics have been covered.
- Teaches you not just the ‘what’ to do, but also the ‘why’, ‘how’ and ‘when’ of good business continuity practice
- Equips you with the knowledge and understanding you require to be able to practice business continuity
- Provides an accepted benchmark against which the technical and professional competency of business continuity professionals can be effectively measured and examine
- Provides practical insights to good business continuity practice and expertise by learning from some of the best business continuity professionals in the industry
- Prepares you for the Certificate of the BCI (CBCI) examination
- Upon successful completion of the examination, delegates are entitled to use the CBCI credentials and also receive complimentary membership to the BCI for 12 months (providing they are a new member of the BCI)
Completing the CBCI Certification Course will contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Further information can be found on the BCI’s website here.
Who Should Attend?
- Business continuity and resilience professionals working in organisations of any type and size, in any industry or sector worldwide.
- Individuals with a full time or part time role or responsibility that requires an understanding of business continuity.
- Individuals who want to take the Certificate of the BCI (CBCI) examination.
Is the CBCI exam an online or paper format?
The CBCI exam is taken online individually.
Is the cost of the exam included in the cost of the CBCI Certification Course?
The cost of the CBCI exam is not included in the cost of the course, it is a further £425.00 + VAT.
Why take the CBCI exam?
Professional membership of the BCI provides internationally recognised status and this valued certification demonstrates your competence to carry out Business Continuity Management (BCM) to a consistently high standard. If you pass the CBCI exam, you are entitled to use the post-nominal credential of CBCI.
What does the CBCI exam consist of?
The examination consists of 120 multiple choice questions which the candidate will have 2 hours to complete. The exam is based on the BCI’s Good Practice Guidelines. 20 of the 100 questions are designated ‘pretest’ questions which are randomly distributed throughout the exam. Pretest questions are not counted in scoring. They are, however, essential in building the BCI Certificate question bank and are on the exam to statistically assess their difficulty level and effectiveness at discriminating between candidates who meet the passing standard and those who do not. The information gathered in the pretest process determines whether the question will be included on a future exam.
The pass mark is 70% and 85% is required to pass the exam with merit.
Can exam answers be changed or reviewed at the end?
During the online CBCI exam, you will have the opportunity to review questions left unanswered, questions marked for review, or any questions on the exam. You may change answers when reviewing the test items. However, once the allotted testing time has expired, or you exit the examination, you cannot see or review those questions again.
When can I take the CBCI exam?
The online CBCI exam can be booked at the same time as your training, but is taken individually following the course. Delegates that have purchased the exam will be signed up for the exam on the first day of their training course and will be sent an email by the BCI during their CBCI course to schedule their online exam at a date/time convenient to them. The proctor team are based worldwide, which allows for a variety of appointments available 24/7 to accommodate candidates in all different time zones. We recommend taking the exam within a week of completing the course. A microphone and webcam will be required to take the examination online. Further technical requirements for the exam can be found here.
What language can I sit the CBCI exam in?
The online CBCI examination is available in English, Italian, French, Spanish and German. Delegates will automatically be signed up to the Spanish exam, so please let us know if you require a different language that is listed.
How do I register for the CBCI exam with BC Training?
To secure your CBCI exam, you can book online through our website or contact us directly.
How can I prepare for the CBCI exam?
The BCI Mock CBCI Examination Questions are a useful tool in the run up to the CBCI examination and can be purchased from our website. The BCI also recommend a minimum of 24 hours of individual study prior to the exam and this includes reading the Good Practice Guidelines 2018 thoroughly.
What are the technical requirements for the CBCI online exam?
Please note that the minimum hardware requirements for taking your CBCI online exam are the following:
- A well-working desktop computer or laptop with 1 GB of RAM or higher. Tablets, Chromebooks and Mobile phones cannot be used.
- A working built-in or external webcam (640×480 video pixel resolution) and microphone.
- Working speakers connected to the computer.
- Internet speed must be at least 2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. Hot spots are not recommended. Test your internet speed at: http://www.speedtest.net
- Browser (IE/EDGE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) with pop-up blocker disabled.
Sitting this examination will involve connecting to a site outside of your network security settings. If you are planning to take the exam at work, please speak to your IT Department and ask them to open ports 80, 443 and 1935.
GoToMeeting and Zoom are the primary software applications used by the exam to allow screen sharing with your online proctors.
Upon receiving your scheduler email for the exam, you will also receive a link to check your system readiness and there is also an option to arrange a system check with the proctoring team.
The proctoring company’s privacy and security policy can be found here: https://www.examity.com/privac…
If you have any concerns regarding accessing exam, please do get in touch and we will be happy to help.
What happens after the CBCI exam?
Once you have completed the CBCI exam, you will receive your result instantly. The online exam and result will then be verified and audited by the BCI. Following successful clearance of this, the formal notification of the result and certificate will be sent by the BCI within 4 weeks of taking the exam.
If you would like the CBCI Certification Course delivered privately for your organisation, either live online or in person, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email email@example.com.
“James [McAlister] has been an amazing facilitator. The way he had facilitated the whole course was outstanding. The training was so well curated that I could easily understand important aspects.”
“A fantastic course. Extremely well put together and delivered on all counts. The exam was incredibly hard but the advice and guidance of the instructor [James McAlister] was spot on and it is all down to the amount of revision effort put in by the student. I would recommend this course and method of learning to anyone who was interested in attaining the CBCI qualification. BCT are a pleasure to deal with in terms of customer service and all administrative processes. Many thanks to all involved. ”
Sign-up to our Newsletter
"*" indicates required fields