Details & Programme
The course is broken down into modules exploring the concepts and principles of incident and crisis management and what tools and techniques can be applied when anticipating and assessing incidents. It also looks at the key activities, roles and responsibilities required for effective incident and crisis management.
This course is based on the BCI Good Practice Guidelines 2018 and reflects the current global thinking from ISO 22301 and BS 11200.
- Module 1 - Crisis Management Concepts, Principles and Framework
- Module 2 - Products and Services (Strategic) BIA
- Module 3 - Building Crisis Management Capability
- Module 4 - Crisis Management Team Support Facilities and Tools
- Module 5 - Crisis Response and Recovery
- Module 6 - Crisis Communications Planning
- Module 7 - Crisis Management and Table Top Exercise
- Module 8 - Readiness and Continuous Improvement Training
By the end of the sessions you will be able to:
- Understand the principles, strategies and techniques of incident response and crisis management.
- Develop the knowledge and skills necessary for implementing an effective structure and processes for responding to, and managing incidents, and crises.
Completing this course will contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Further information can be found on the BCI's website here.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Continuity and resilience practitioners who require an in depth knowledge and understanding of how to build an incident and crisis management capability in an organisation.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience of working in a continuity and resilience related role.
- This course is not a crisis leadership or crisis communications training course but is designed for those with responsibilities for developing and implementing incident and crisis management plans and procedures and that may have an active role in a crisis management team.
MA DipBCM DipEd Hon FBCI FICPEM
BSc MBCI MBCS CITP
If you would like this training delivered for your organisation only, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email email@example.com.
“James [McAlister] was very interesting to listen to. He made you feel at ease asking questions and really explained the learning.”Leslie Kellaway