Details & Programme
This course is designed to introduce the concept of organisational resilience. It will provide delegates with a practical approach to build on the foundation of their existing skills and knowledge to develop and enhance resilience capabilities for their organisation.
Business Continuity principles and practices are essential to building resilience in organisations. Developing effective resilience capabilities requires a collaborative approach between established management disciplines.
This course reflects on the UK guidance to organisational resilience BS 65000 and the current global thinking at an international level.
Module 1 - What is organisational resilience and why does it matter?
- Defining organisational resilience
- Resilience as a strategic objective
- Resilience in organisations
- Planning principles and benefits
- Culture and attitudes
- Good corporate governance
- Continuity and adaptability
- Resilience planning
- Components for implementation
- A model for resilience
Module 2 - Building and Sustaining Resilience
- Response readiness
- Approaches to planning
- Reasons to be resilient
- Developing resilience capability
- The threat landscape
- Risk management
- Crisis and continuity management
- Assessment and validation
- Maintenance and review
- Planning principles
- To provide an overview of organisational resilience
- To engage in workshop discussions about organisational resilience
- To offer examples of what works in practice, e.g. building resilience capabilities
Completing this course will contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Further information can be found on the BCI's website here.
Who Should Attend?
- Business continuity and resilience professionals who are already familiar with the concepts of enterprise risk, emergency response, business continuity, crisis management and disaster recovery management.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience working in a continuity and resilience related role.
MA DipBCM DipEd Hon FBCI FICPEM
If you would like this training delivered for your organisation only, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email email@example.com