Details & Programme
This one day BCI Policy and Programme Management course comes complete with course slides, workbook that contains exercises to be completed throughout the course, and other complimentary resources. The course is based on the Good Practice Guidelines 2018 and reflects current International Standards in business continuity.
- Module 1 - What is Policy & Programme?
- Module 2 - Creating a Successful Policy
- Module 3 - Creating a Successful Programme
- Module 4 - Managing Policy & Programme
|0945||1100||Module 1 - What is Policy & Programme?||- Policy Definition
- Business Continuity Policy
- Business Continuity Programme
- Scope of Business Continuity Programme
- Contents of Business Continuity Management Policy
- Establishing the Business Continuity Policy
- Stages in Development of the Policy
- Policy Development
- Outcome & Review
|1115||1230||Module 2 - Creating a Successful Policy||- Case Study |
- Creating a Business Continuity Policy
- Business Continuity Policy Components
|1330||1500||Module 3 - Creating a Successful Programme||- Governance of the Business Continuity Programme
- Assigning Roles & Responsibilities
- Outcome of the Business Continuity Programme
- Business Continuity Steering Group
- Implementing the Business Continuity Management Programme
- Project Management
|1515||1615||Module 4 - Managing Policy & Programme||- Considerations for Practical Implementation
- Managing the Policy
- Managing the Programme
- Policy and Programme Adjustment
Please note, timings are indicative and exact timings may vary due to delegate experience and their interest in certain topics. The course may finish earlier if all topics have been covered.
By the end of the BCI Policy and Programme Management course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand how the business continuity policy establishes the organisation’s strategic approach and implementation of business continuity
- Define a clear purpose, context, scope and governance of the BC Programme
- Identify, develop and support the key aspects of the BC Policy Implement, deploy, govern and communicate the BC Policy
- Successfully align the BC Programme as the ongoing cycle of activities which implements the BC Policy
- Use the BCM Programme as a tool to implement, improve, correct, adjust and monitor the overall objectives of the organisation Incorporate key success criteria, governance, audit and change management processes and define how these objectives will be met
- Understand why appropriate interim response and management structures may be required
Delegates will receive 8 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points on successful completion of the course. Further information can be found on the BCI's website here.
Who Should Attend?
- Business continuity and resilience practitioners who are responsible for business continuity policy and BCM programme management.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience of working in a continuity and resilience related role.
BSc MBCI MBCS CITP
If you would like this BCI Policy and Programme Management training course delivered privately for your organisation, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email email@example.com.