We have put together a few resources on how you can help Ukraine right now.
- The UK Government will match public donations to this appeal pound-for-pound starting with £20 million.
- Collecting supplies means transporting heavy goods across hundreds of miles, whereas cash can reach people quickly to buy what is needed!
- Organisations you can donate to: The British Red Cross, UNHCR refugee agency, Unicef, Save the Children, Disaster Emergency Committee, OutRight Action International.
Spreading Correct information
- Take care what you share! There is a lot of false information about the conflict circulating online. Research what you share, make sure the information you are taking in is from reliable sources.
- Sharing to social media is a great way to raise awareness! But always BE CAREFUL.
- If you’d like to educate yourself about Ukraine, and the conflict. Read the Kyiv Post and Kyiv Independent to keep up-to-date with the news.
- Watch Netflix’s documentary Winter On Fire: Ukraine’s Fight for Freedom.
- Listen to the podcast by Ukraine World on how Russia uses disinformation as an instrument of war.
Apply to be a Sponsor
- This is to help Ukrainians who have been forced to flee their homes have a route to safety, especially if they do not already have family ties in the UK.
- Some businesses are helping by paying for visas and/or flights.
- Help provide accommodation. Airbnb.org has an initiative that is funding short term housing for up to 100,000 people fleeing Ukraine. You can help by offering temporary stays for free or at a discount through Airbnb.org or donating to fund stays.