BCI Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Electronic course slides
- Electronic certificate of attendance
Details & Programme
Details & Programme
This BCI Business Impact Analysis course comes complete with course slides and workbook that contains exercises to be completed throughout the course. The course is based on the Good Practice Guidelines 2018 and reflects current International Standards in business continuity.
- Module 1 – Concepts of BIA
- Module 2 – The Four Types of BIA
- Module 3 – BIA methods
- Module 4 – How the BIA information is used in the Design phase of the BCM Lifecycle
If you would like this BCI Business Impact Analysis training course delivered privately for your organisation, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thu 27th Apr 2023
Tue 10th Oct 2023
Just looking for a price?
Request a quote below to have a member of the team come back to you with a price tailored to you.
By the end of the BCI Business Impact Analysis course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand and apply the different methods available to conduct a BIA
- Extract all the information you need from an organisation to enable you to design the most appropriate business continuity solutions
Delegates will receive 8 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points from the BCI on successful completion of the course. Further information can be found on the BCI’s website here.
Who Should Attend?
- Business continuity and resilience practitioners who require an in-depth knowledge and an understanding of how to carry out a BIA.
- It is recommended that students have a minimum of a CBCI or equivalent credential with experience of working in a continuity and resilience related role.
09:30 - 09:45
09:45 - 11:00
Module 1 - Concepts of BIA- The analysis phase (PP3) - Prerequisites of a BIA - Purpose of a BIA - Business impacts - Obligations and expectations - Measuring impacts MTPD & RTO
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:30
Module 2 - The Four Types of BIA- The initial BIA - The ongoing BIA process - 3 levels * The Product & Services BIA * The Process BIA * The Activity BIA
12:30 - 13:30
13:30 - 15:00
Module 3 - BIA methods- Participants - Interviews - Questionnaires - Workshops - Data collection and recording - Software - Threat assessment - Your BIA issues
15:00 - 15:15
15:30 - 16:15
Module 4 - How the BIA information is used in the Design phase of the BCM Lifecycle
16:15 - 16:30
Please note, timings are indicative and exact timings may vary due to delegate experience and their interest in certain topics. The course may finish earlier if all topics have been covered.
Sign-up to our Newsletter
"*" indicates required fields