Details & Programme
This course is a basic introduction to the world of Business Continuity (BC). It is designed as a first step for newcomers to the subject of BC and for those whom BC may be part of their role or responsibilities who need to have a good understanding of the subject.
It provides the new practitioner with the basic knowledge and understanding of the building blocks required for developing or maintaining a robust Business Continuity Management program and gives those individuals with a BC related role or responsibility a comprehensive overview of the discipline.
This course covers all six elements of the BCM Lifecycle and is based on global good practice as described in the Business Continuity Institute’s Good Practice Guidelines and the international standard for Business Continuity ISO 22301. It is not preparation for the Certification of the BCI Examination.
- What is Business Continuity
- The benefits of business continuity - This session aims to provide delegates with an understanding of how business continuity adds value to organisations
- PP1: Policy & Programme Management - This session aims to provide delegates with the knowledge to develop a business continuity policy
- PP2: Embedding Business Continuity Management
- PP3: Analysis - This session aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to conduct their own business impact analysis
- PP4: Design - This session aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to develop recovery strategies and tactics
- PP5: Implementation - This session aims to provide delegates with the knowledge to develop effective business continuity plans
- PP6: Validation - This session aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to validate and improve their plans through exercise, maintenance and review
Delegates will require a copy of the Good Practice Guidelines 2018 for this course. Pre-reading prior to attending the course is advisable.
By the end of the sessions you will be able to:
- Understand what business continuity is and how it adds value to organisations
- Understand how to develop a business continuity policy and programme
- Understand how to conduct your own business impact analysis
- Understand how to develop recovery strategies and tactics
- Understand how to develop effective business continuity plans
- Understand how to validate and improve your plans through exercise, maintenance and review
- Understand how to embed business continuity awareness within your organisation
Who Should Attend?
- Business continuity and resilience newcomers looking for a solid foundation to their learning in the subject of business continuity.
- Individuals with a full time or part time role or responsibility that requires an understanding of business continuity.
- Individuals not yet ready to take the Certificate of the BCI (CBCI) examination.
If you would like this training delivered for your organisation only, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The way that James [McAlister] managed to deliver such a volume of information in a short time via remote training was superb.”David Wilson