IT Disaster Recovery (Live Online)
This IT Disaster Recovery course provides an insight into the world of information technology disaster recovery (IT DR). Whilst its vital links with business continuity management (BCM) are acknowledged, this is not intended to be a substitute for a BCM course.
- Course slides
- Certificate of attendance
IT disaster recovery is the part of business continuity that specialises in responding to serious operational disruptions resulting from IT failures. This IT Disaster Recovery course takes delegates through the IT DR Plan lifecycle from understanding the key business drivers, examining the various strategic options available that determine the shape of the IT DR Plan, through to ensuring that a completed plan is fit-for-purpose.
- IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Standards (ISO 27031 and ISO 22301)
- Risk Assessment and Business Impact Analysis: RTO. RPO, MTO, MASL
- Overview of the Storage solutions, Replication technology, High availability configurations
- Backup and recovery strategies: In-house, Outsourced and Cloud
- Work Area Recovery (WAR)
- Writing and Implementing your IT Disaster Recovery Plan
- DR team structure, Emergency communication, Incident Management
- Validating your IT Disaster Recovery Plan
The cost of this course (ex VAT) is £1,050.00 / €1,250.00 / $1,400.00.
This training course is delivered as a two day, live online training course. Scheduled breaks will be provided within each session. During the course, delegates will be able to use their microphones to take part in discussions and ask the tutor any questions, there is also the option to use a webcam too. Interactivity features used during the training may include the use of breakout sessions for group work, polls and quizzes. The course is delivered via GoToTraining.
The timings for this training are 9:30am-4:30pm UK time. Please note timings will be 9am-4pm UK time for courses taking place in 2024.
Timings are indicative and exact timings may vary due to student experience and their interest in certain topics. The course may finish earlier if all topics have been covered.
Mon 6th Nov to Tue 7th Nov 2023
Wed 1st May to Thu 2nd May 2024
Wed 27th Nov to Thu 28th Nov 2024
Just looking for a price?
Request a quote below to have a member of the team come back to you with a price tailored to you.
By the end of the IT Disaster Recovery course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of the relationship between business continuity management and IT DR
- Identify the business drivers that provide the critical direction for IT DR solutions
- Describe how to address any gaps that exist between ‘what the business expects from IT’ compared with ‘what IT is capable of delivering’
- Define the various IT DR strategies that can be adopted
- Understand the pros and cons of In-House, Outsourced and Cloud based IT DR solution
- Describe the various data backup / retrieval processes and mechanisms
- Appreciate the importance of IT’s role in recovering the desktop facilities for business work areas
- Understand how an IT DR plan is constructed and define what’s in and what’s out
- Recognise the importance of validating your IT DR plan and identify the different methods of approach
Completing this course will contribute towards your BCI Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Further information can be found on the BCI’s website here.
Who Should Attend?
- Experienced Business Continuity practitioners who are looking for an understanding of how IT Disaster Recovery plans are developed to support the overarching business requirements
- Data Centre managers with IT DR responsibilities
- Crisis Management team members needing to understand how the IT DR plan interfaces with enterprise wide crisis / incident management
- Information Technology practitioners who need a good appreciation of the mechanics of IT Disaster Recovery
- Auditors who may be called upon to scrutinise IT DR plans
- Risk Managers intent on understanding how IT departments DR plans are prepared in response to serious IT failure related risk
If you would like this IT Disaster Recovery training course delivered privately for your organisation, please contact the BC Training team on 01253 542650 or email email@example.com.
Sign-up to our Newsletter
"*" indicates required fields