BC Training Ltd is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults that it comes into contact with. Whilst the organisation has a statutory obligation, it also has a moral duty to ensure it functions in a way that safeguards and promotes the welfare of its customers, consultants and staff.
The purpose of this policy is to outline a clear framework for protecting and safeguarding children, young people and adults, so that all staff and those working on behalf of BC Training Ltd are aware of their roles and responsibilities in identifying concerns, sharing information, and taking prompt action.
We expect everyone involved in BC Training Ltd to read, understand and adhere to this policy.
- Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility – each professional and organisation should play their full part.
- BC Training Ltd recognises that it has social, moral and legal obligations to safeguard the wellbeing and safety of all those involved with our training.
- Providing a secure environment to those who come into contact with our services is of the highest priority.
- BC Training Ltd advocates a holistic approach to safeguarding, through assessment and proportional management of risk, and integration of good safeguarding practice into all activities.
BC Training believes that all individuals have an equal right to protection from abuse, regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, ability, language, background or sexual identity and consider the welfare of the individual as paramount.
The organisation will take every reasonable step to ensure that children, young people and adults. We will safeguard individuals by:
- Valuing, listening to and respecting them.
- Providing a safe environment for our customers to learn in.
- Identifying individuals who are suffering, or are likely to suffer significant harm, and reporting concerns swiftly to relevant agencies.
- Responding effectively to any circumstances giving grounds for concern, or where formal complaints or expressions of anxiety are relayed.
- Providing safeguarding training to all staff to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities.
- Recruiting all staff safely by ensuring that all the necessary checks are made.